My Erasmus experience

Back to the roots
Germany, December 2019

Sunday, 8th December  (Gonçalo Pereira)

It was a school-free day, so we went out and explored the region.
I woke up at 8 am (local time) and got ready. It was planed to visit Dortmund, the largest city in the area, and since I like football, my foster family took me on a guided tour around Signal Park Arena, Dortmund´s football stadium.
We got to Dortmund around 10 o´clock and the guided tour didn´t start until 11 o´clock.  Already inside of the stadium the staff gave us some MP3´s devices and some hearfones because throughout the visit there were audios for the visitors to hear, some from iconic players or just safety instructions. 
The visit lasted about 2 hours, it was very "cool", although I did not realize much of what the guide said, because he was speaking German.
After leaving the stadium we went to a place with trampolines and funny things based on trampolines, called Super Fly.
We were there for about two hours, from 1 pm to 3 pm.
After Super Fly we went to McDonalds for lunch.
After McDonalds we went home. We took a bath, get dressed and then we went to Wiedenbrück Christmas Market.
There I met with the other students from Portugal and their respective families.
We all ate a typical German food called Currywurst (consisting of a chopped sausage with fries and a curry sauce)
We were about 1 hour to 1 and a half in Wiedenbrück and after that we went home. 
When I got home, and since I had already eaten at the Christmas Market, I went to bed.
And that was my Sunday trip in Germany, very pleasant.

Monday, 9th December  (Inês Ferreira)

On the second day in Germany, we went to school for the first time.
 I woke up at 6 am, had breakfast with the whole family and went to school with my host Annika, Gonçalo and his host, Lasse.
 As soon as we got to school I could see the other people in the project and went directly to the room that was going to become "ours" for the rest of the days.
 After we had presented and seen the presentations on each project country we got to know a little bit about the school.
 When we got back to our room we did to a quiz about Europe and then went to lunch "Currywurst" at the canteen.
 After lunch, we went back to room 400 and after a while, we went to the gym to play a little bit of "dodge ball". 
 Later we showed some of the songs from each country and went to a music room to learn a little bit about the origin of the music where we also received an instrument and worked in teams to "build a song"
After that, I went with Annika home and later we all ( team Portugal/Germany ) met at Ema's host, Lea.
There we saw a movie, ate pizza, danced, talked to each other and we all had fun.
Because we had school the other day we didn't stay there until very late and then each one went home.

Tuesday, 10th December  (Daniel Antunes)

I got up at around 7:30 am, the usual time, I got dressed and ate breakfast and after we went to the school.
In the school we worked on the new site (e-twining). This is a great site, because we can work and talk with the ERASMUS people.
And after we worked on this site, we had a coffee break. That was so cool, because we had time for talking with the ERASMUS people and had time to rest.
After this at 12:15 we went to the canteen and we had a fabulous food to eat.
After this we went to the gymnasium, because we had to play korfball (a good game). This game is so cool and tiring! This game is similar to basketball but has different rules.
And after this at 5 o’clock, we went home.
At night, I with my host and Gonçalo with his host went to see the football match in Dortmund stadium. This was a fantastic and amazing experience!
In short I love this project because I can meet other countries and I can make new friends.
I love it! 

Wednesday, 11th December  (Ema Chagas)

Wednesday was unfortunately our last day in the German school and we focused mainly on languages. 
In the morning, we started working on an etymological dictionary and multilingualism, so basically we studied the origin and historic development of words and their meanings. 
We then had lunch and presented the final products of the project. Until five (when we left school) we witnessed the presentation of the winning logos from each country and the awarding of prizes to the winning logo. Then we talked a bit, gave our opinion about the project and received our certificates. 
Later, we came back to the school for the farewell dinner, to say goodbye to everybody and it was great!